Friday, September 4, 2009

Want a good read?

Tonight as I held my little boy in my arms I marveled at his perfectness. His eyes fixed on mine. He knew I was his mommy. His little fingers grasping my thumb. He is alert, interactive, and healthy. He is beautiful. How blessed I am have this sweet spirit straight from heaven. My cup runneth over! A family we know has a little baby boy that was born the same day as Chace. Another sweet spirit straight from heaven. He is beautiful also. He was born with several health problems and has yet to come home from the hospital. I am amazed at the strength of the parents and how they have handled the trials that they have faced with their little boy. Their situation has made me stop and count my blessings.
By virtue of blog hopping (kinda like bar hopping) I found this amazing blog: http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ . I highly recommend everyone read it. This amazing women writes about her struggles after surviving a plane crash last summer. She recieved burns on 83% of her body. She talks about dealing with the physical pain and trying to figure out how to love the person she now sees in the mirror. She wants so badly for her toddler to recognize her but he doesn't know who she is when he looks at her (that entry had me in tears). The only picture she has posted of the new her is in an entry she made last month when she met her goal to climb up to the Y (a hike in the hill/mtn above Provo) on the anniversary date of the accident. I was so taken by her entries I found myself reading for over an hour, reading all the way back to her last entry before the accident over a year ago. This blog will make you count your blessings. I listed it under my favorites as Strength and faith thru trials-Stephanies story.

When those around us have such heart wrenching trials, it's a time to take stock in our own lives and remember our blessings and then take the next step, which is: cherish life, stop and take in the beauty our us, slow down and enjoy our children and our families, quit rushing through life, put your body into motion- isn't that how we can show our Heavenly Father that we're thankful for our health? Do more service, be more giving, be nicer to strangers, say thank you more often to our spouses, our children, our parents, to strangers and to God. I am grateful for the perspective I have recieved by the trials of those around me. I strived to be a better person and live a better life because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment