Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'll be home for Christmas

Merry Merry Christmas to all!
I better start off with a cute picture of the kiddo. I know you can see it but he does have a diaper on. This is the only way to feed a baby carrots, otherwise clothes get stained.

I wanted to show off some of my projects and deals that I've been working on for Christmas. I got the two glass containers at a thift store for a couple of bucks. The green thing is from Real Deals for $3.00. I love that store.
Here is my nativity in my entry way. These guys are each about a foot tall. My mom got the set a couple of years ago. It's my favorite.

Here's some goodie baggies I made for our Primary class. The label says "You butter not pout, you butter not cry....Santa Claus is coming to town" . They had butterfingers in the baggies.


I got this wreath idea off of someones blog and loved it. I got a straw wreath from the D.I. for $1.00 and then bought some burlap. I cut the burlap into strips and just knotted it around the wreath and made the cloth flowers. So easy.

I bought this ugly wood tray at the D.I. for $1.50

Then I stenciled the word JOY on burlap and glued it to the black painted tray.

But I didn't like how it looked, so I ripped off the burlap and glued on some scrapbook paper and matted some pictures of Chace. I thought this was much cuter!

I found this idea on a blog and loved it. I didn't have time to get actual stocking holders so I just placed the framed pictures of each of us above our stockings. These frames were miss matched frames that I got at a thrift store for fifty cents each and I just painted them red and then did the black and white pictures at Walmart.

The stockings I got at the $1.00 store and then I just bought the ordaments at Walmart for a buck a piece and just hand stitched them to each sock.

I love my framed pine cones. Another idea from the blog world. The frames were originally a maroon color, of course, I got them at a thift store for a couple of bucks each. I collected the pine cones from a tree in the neighborhood for free. I just hot glued the ribbon the the cones. So so simple.



I made this as a gift for my sister in law. It started out as just unfinished candlesticks from Micheals. Add some 2x6 wood, black paint, burlap and finneals and presto.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these projects are all amazing! I am going to have to reference back to this next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jamie! I love LOVE these!!! After I have the baby, we'll have to get together and you should help me be a little bit more domestic for a great price! :) So good to see you tonight! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete